Do More 24 is a local movement that is leveraging the power of the crowd to support our region’s most effective nonprofits through focused, online giving. Do More 24 is an annual 24-hour fundraiser that is powered by United Way of the National Capital Area.
National Children’s Center (NCC) has been providing services for individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities and their families to the Washington, DC community for nearly 60 years. As one of the largest providers of services to people with disabilities in the District of Columbia, NCC sincerely takes its responsibility to achieve the best possible outcomes in terms of health, safety and economic security for the people we support.
Our mission of providing a lifetime of opportunities for people with intellectual and developmental disabilities remains strong and the central focus of the work that we do every day.
We need your support to continue reaching people in our community. Your gift will assist in increasing our daily impact? Here’s what your donation can do for NCC:
- $25 will purchase 4 books for children with and without disabilities, from six weeks to five years of age at our Early Learning Center
- $50 will purchase 10 lunches for children with and without disabilities, from six weeks to five years of age at our Early Learning Center
- $125 will provide 8 hours of salary for staff who live in person-centered choice focused homes.
- $250 will provide 8 hours of salary for a nurse serving people who live in person-centered choice focused homes.
- $500 will provide Supported Employment Job Coaching and Job Development training with managers to discuss ways of effectively communicate with individuals on the job who have disabilities.
Please visit and share NCC’s link to donate: https://domore24.org/npos/national-childrens-center. All donations received will go towards continuing to make an impact on the community. So, please mark your calendar for June 8th! We want to make the day a success. Thank you for helping us Do More for our community.