The Provider Certification Review is an annual audit to determine whether NCC or any other provider is qualified to deliver the Home and Community Based (HCBS) Waiver Services to our adult populations. The audit focuses on person centered as well as organization outcomes, as well as the satisfaction of the people served.
The DC Department on Disabilities Services (DDS) is responsible for the audit. They contract with a third-party company which actually conducts the audit.
NCC completed the PCR in July, 2014 and received a two year certification. The audit covered eight waiver services that we currently provide. We received basic three scores:
- Person Centered – scores ranged from 94% to 98% for the eight waiver services
- Organizational – scored 94%
- Satisfaction – scored 100%
The frequency of the audit is determined by the performance of the provider.
- The typical audit is conducted annually. If the provider’s performance is satisfactory, then the certification is for one year.
- If the provider’s performance is excellent, then the certification is for two years.
- If the provider’s performance is less than satisfactory, then the certification is only for six months.
For more information on the Provider Certification Review and the District of Columbia Department on Disabilities Services, please visit the following link